|Sub Camp Team Member
|Sub Camp Leader
To support the Sub Camp Leader with the planning and delivery of quality support to contingent leader and participants and to ensure the overall theme of the event is undertaken in the sub camps.
- To support the management of the team to deliver the sub camp experience
- To support the planning, organise and deliver a programme of events to supplement the main activities of the Jamboree.
- Work with the Sub Camp Leader to ensure health and safety is maintained, first aid points in place and to enable the resolution of queries/incidents.
- Carry out risk assessments for the sub camp and the additional activities you have planned.
- Be the first point of contact for participants who require assistance and help
- Deputise for the Sub Camp Leader when required.
- In conjunction with the site security team, be responsible for the security and discipline within your site
- To assist and share resources with other sub camp teams avoiding duplication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate with people of all ages
Skills / Qualifications Required for role
- Previous jamboree or similar size event experience (desirable)
- To hold a valid Scout Association DBS check
- To undertake any relevant training you are requested to complete, including but not limited to Health & Safety and Safeguarding
- To undertake any role / work which may be required by your department head
- When requested, to assist in the smooth and safe running of the camp as a whole. This may include tasks not normally associated with your department
- Able to work collaboratively with a team
- Friendly and approachable
- The ability to have fun!!