|Head of Communications and Merchandise
This role will be responsible for all the retail outlets at Larkin ‘24
- Identify and agree outlets for the Jamboree in conjunction with the Head of Communications and Merchandise
- To ensure that stock and equipment is secure at all times.
- Liaise regarding any unsold stock at the end of the jamboree.
- Attend any team meetings, the build week before the event where possible and the event itself.
- The recruitment of Team Leaders for each outlet and line management of the teams.
- Work within agreed financial parameters
- To support and plan the running of any team meetings and presentations where relevant.
- Regular communication with the Head of Comms and Merchandise and providing updates to the Senior Leadership Team when needed.
- Good decision-making skills, and the ability to problem solve when needed.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
Skills / Qualifications Required for role
- Experience in developing and delivering a range of retail outlets for a large scale event
- Experience in managing a team of volunteers
- To hold a valid Scout Association DBS check
- To undertake any relevant training you are requested to complete, including but not limited to Health & Safety and Safeguarding
- To undertake any role / work which may be required by your department head
- When requested, to assist in the smooth and safe running of the camp as a whole. This may include tasks not normally associated with your department
- Able to work collaboratively with a team
- Friendly and approachable
The ability to have fun!!