|Head of Comms and Merchandise
This role will be responsible for the eNewspaper at Larkin ‘24
- Identify and agree content for the Jamboree in conjunction with the Head of Communications and Merchandise both before and during the event.
- To train and manage Youth Media Team members assigned to this area.
- Design and manage the Jamboree eNewspaper.
- Archive eNewspaper editions and all material collected from the Youth Media Team and any that is submitted by Participants or staff
- Attend during the build week before the event where possible and the event itself.
- To attend, support and plan the running of any team meetings and presentations.
- Regular communication with the Head of Comms and Merchandise and providing updates to the Senior Leadership Team when needed.
- Good decision-making skills, and the ability to problem solve when needed.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
Skills / Qualifications Required for role
- Experience in production and management of an eNewspaper for a large scale event.
- Experience in managing a team of volunteers
- To hold a valid Scout Association DBS check
- To undertake any relevant training you are requested to complete, including but not limited to Health & Safety and Safeguarding
- To undertake any role / work which may be required by your department head
- When requested, to assist in the smooth and safe running of the camp as a whole. This may include tasks not normally associated with your department
- Able to work collaboratively with a team
- Friendly and approachable
The ability to have fun!!