|Contractor Liaison Lead
The Contractor Liaison Lead will primarily work with on-site (overnight) contractors while creating exceptional service from the beginning to the end of the event. They are responsible for enforcing the Jamboree rules and regulations. Oversee the effective operation of the Contractor-Camp at Larkin ’24 including pre and post event support.
- To act as the focal point for event contractors that are camping.
- Coordinate good communications with staff pre, during and post event.
- Manage systems for staff check-in, check-out and access.
- Oversee contractor welfare, discipline, rights and responsibilities.
- Identify risks and issues at the earliest opportunity.
- Attend any team meetings, ensuring pertinent messages are communicated promptly.
- Regular communication with the Head of Project and Logistics and providing updates to the Senior Leadership Team when needed.
- Experience of previous Jamborees and/or large scale camps
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to identify challenges and work through problem-solving solutions in a pressurised environment
- A team player with strong leadership and delegation skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good decision-making skills, and the ability to problem solve when needed
Skills / Qualifications Required for role
- Experience in management of event or site contractors and knowledge in everything that comes alongside it.
- Experience in managing a team of volunteers.
- To hold a valid Scout Association DBS check
- To undertake any relevant training you are requested to complete, including but not limited to Health & Safety and Safeguarding
- To undertake any role / work which may be required by your department head
- When requested, to assist in the smooth and safe running of the camp as a whole. This may include tasks not normally associated with your department
- Able to work collaboratively with a team
- Friendly and approachable
- The ability to have fun!!