|Commercial Activities Lead
|Deputy Head of Programme and Ceremonies
The Commercial Activities Lead is responsible for external contractors providing activities at Larkin ’24.
- Liaise with contractors both onsite and in advance of the event
- Be the first point of contract for external providers whilst onsite
- Provide the Site Management Team with information on logistics and service requirements (water, power etc.) for commercial activities
- Attend occasional programme team calls and meetings, with increased frequency nearer the event
- Assist with the planning and build of the activity areas during the build week
- Ensure activities are run in accordance with POR
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good decision-making skills, and the ability to problem solve when needed.
- Able to attend the full jamboree including some days during the build week to prepare activities
- Knowledge of the Scout and/or Guide programme
Skills / Qualifications Required for role
- Experience supporting activities at a large event
- Experience leading a team of volunteers
- To hold a valid Scout Association DBS check
- To undertake any relevant training you are requested to complete, including but not limited to Health & Safety and Safeguarding
- To undertake any role / work which may be required by your department head
- When requested, to assist in the smooth and safe running of the camp as a whole. This may include tasks not normally associated with your department
- Able to work collaboratively with a team
- Friendly and approachable
The ability to have fun!!