|Activity Zone Lead – Zone 1
|Deputy Head of Programme and Ceremonies
The Activity Zone Coordinators work with the Deputy Head of Programme and Ceremonies to develop the onsite programme at Larkin ’24. Onsite activities are mainly split across 2 fields, each having 2 zone leads. There are options either for a job share or to split responsibilities within the zone.
- Organise activities to be run in house to supplement those run by external contractors
- Build a team to deliver in house activities throughout the event
- Provide the Site Management Team with information on logistics and service requirements (water, power etc.) for commercial activities
- Attend occasional programme team calls and meetings, with increased frequency nearer the event
- Assist with the planning and build of the activity areas during the build week
- Ensure activities are run in accordance with POR
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good decision-making skills, and the ability to problem solve when needed.
- Able to attend the full jamboree including some days during the build week to prepare activities
- Knowledge of the Scout and/or Guide programme
Skills / Qualifications Required for role
- Experience supporting activities at a large event
- Experience leading a team of volunteers
- To hold a valid Scout Association DBS check
- To undertake any relevant training you are requested to complete, including but not limited to Health & Safety and Safeguarding
- To undertake any role / work which may be required by your department head
- When requested, to assist in the smooth and safe running of the camp as a whole. This may include tasks not normally associated with your department
- Able to work collaboratively with a team
- Friendly and approachable
The ability to have fun!!